Re: Can't call it the web if it's not HTTP

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:12/21/1999; 7:26:17 PM
Topic:How to start WAPping

Sure HTML isn't pretty on such a small screen; nothing is! When the screens are 320x240 in full color, will WML have to change? I know HTML won't. (Actually, HTML is passe for wireless devices; I'd go with the recently released XHTML 1.1 Basic.) The scalability is what I'm worried about; WAP is "optimized" for today's very limited phones, which won't be around long IMO. Sure they optimize XML (or at least the WAP subset of it), but where's the side-by side comparison between the WAP binary encoding and gzip?