Re: JavaScript -based client-side includes

Author:thowland@excite.com
Posted:12/21/1999; 8:06:44 PM
Topic:JavaScript -based client-side includes

I just ran into something similar with our server- we had to launch a big new site, but AOL wasn't showing the new version- turned out we were stuck in their cache. We added a "Cache-control:no-store" http header, which should have kept us out of their cache.

What was weird was that it broke video playback (realserver) on our site- we would send down a RAM file, which is basically a pointer to the actual media we wanted to play. IE was deleting these pointer files before handing them off to realplayer...

This suggests it may be the answer to your problem with IE. YOu may be able to do the same thing with an HTML META HTTP-Equiv tag- your mileage may vary.

Hope this helps,

Tim

PS Mahir is on the daily show tonight, Comedy Central at 11PM....