Re: Rant

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/6/2000; 10:31:49 AM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

He put his index finger to his chin.

He said "One day we woke up and saw that we could take full advantage of the fact that we own both ends of the pipe."

Blah blah blah and on and on.

It's called lock-in. It was invented in the first generation of mainframes. Actually if you consider company towns and feudal villages before that, the concept probably goes all the way back to the caves.

I love Steve, he's so pure! (Not kidding, this is the way he works, that's why there was no floppy drive on the Next machine, so he could control the software. What do you think about KidSafe? How much you want to bet "Scripting News" isn't on his approved list!)

The scary thing is that someday Jobs will be president of the US. It'll happen during a downturn in the economy and he'll promise to get people back to work. I will leave the country before that happens.

Have a great day!