Re: DHTML, Java or something else?

Author:Luke Tymowski
Posted:1/6/2000; 5:03:56 PM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

Well, I think that the Web is the next GUI. And it's still in its infancy. It's crude. It will get better. The first Windows apps were pretty crude and ugly things. Then came apps like VB and Delphi, which made it very easy to build attractive GUIs, MS put out some UI pretty UI standards (via Office), and eventually programmers learned to build rather nice looking apps. (I realise that MS stole the best ideas from the MacOS and NeXTStep.)

But Apple and the Linux community have to realise that, and to put their effort into excellent browsers. Make their browsers better than IE. Make people want to surf with Macs or Linux boxen simply because their browsers are better. Don't make people like me give up their Linux boxen simply because the browsers are unuseable.