Re: This bubble has already been burst

Author:Mark Staben
Posted:1/6/2000; 10:54:41 PM
Topic:HTML Renderer in the MacOS

You can talk about eye-candy (in the hardware, or in the software) all you want (and I must admit, I'm liking it too), but the word is COMPATABILITY. I want to access and use my files from anywhere - I want to remotely call programs on my mac from some PC (using rpc, I guess :) ). I want to fire up an FTP program and access my files. I don't want to think about it too hard. I just want to do it...

OS X is just around the corner. Since it is UNIX based, there is no reason to think you won't have everything your asking for... FTP, WWW, you will even be able to telnet in and do just about anything you like from the command line. Plus it will still be a Mac, a machine that is as easy and pleasant to use as they have always been. Maybe even more so.