Re: Transmeta was Not "Obnoxious"

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:1/21/2000; 2:16:15 PM
Topic:Transmeta was Not "Obnoxious"

Is that whiny too?

Technically, yes, but it's a borderline situation. There's a bit of self-doubt in there, which is very good, and since you see hope in what I say (as I see hope in what you say) there's more hope, sort of a net-positive slope to the hope curve. And you end on an up beat, with italics and an exclamation point, and you praise me, so that's going in the right direction too. Finally you ask a question instead of making an assertion, and that's even better! So on the whole it's mostly not whiny. Excellent!