Re: Manila

Author:Phil Wolff
Posted:1/27/2000; 11:45:09 AM
Topic:Manila

André, a few requests:

- If you are going to take the service down or there is a known outage, please be agressive to the point of nuisance in letting owners know. An email at the minimum and also post on non-affected servers. Maybe having a "status.userland.com" site, someplace we know to check?

- Second, I've run into DNS troubles even when your server was up. You might want to have your network partners see if you're starting to bottleneck your DNS's on peak occasions and if there are ways to optimize or add redundancy. I ran into this in a service I ran several quarters ago.