Re: Domain Name Deals

Author:Jacob Savin
Posted:1/29/2000; 11:35:26 PM
Topic:Domain Name Deals

Sorry for bringing up this (really) stale thread, but I've had the same experience in the last week.

I went domain name surfing, and found that getdns.com was not taken. I was surpriesd, but I figured that since most people don't know what DNS is, and my wallet was overly empty, that I'd wait. When I went back two days later with a renewed bank account, someone had taken the name.

I had managed to score a couple of others, but I was frustrated, and suspected that someone was either intercepting my whois requests, or that (gasp) someone at the registrar I was using had seen the inquiry, and had nabbed the name for him/herself.

FWIW, the registrar was register.com.