Re: wish: email gateway for xml-rpc

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:3/1/2000; 3:45:34 PM
Topic:wish: email gateway for xml-rpc

Well, there are ways.

If you are using a recent version of my mailserver, there is a hook there to send incoming email out as an xml-rpc message.

If you have a sufficiently intelligent mail client or server, you should also be able to send any email message that you have as an xml-rpc request to a discussion group somewhere.

There are also ways that an xml-rpc client can be hooked into a rpc enabled mailserver to send the mail via xml-rpc for the first hop, then via smtp to the final destination.

I've done at least a proof of concept of all of these.

eric