Re: Time for ZopeFish?

Author:David Brown
Posted:4/25/2000; 8:54:30 AM
Topic:Email to Brian Behlendorf

Well, the ZopeFish project is just me, and I'll play with anyone that wants to play.

Right now I'm just mired in User and Security issues with Zope.

But I can provide a pointer to the problem description.

It turns out that the Pike integration was fairly easy. The rest of what Manila does is Complex. You've created a deep and wonderful system, Dave. It didn't completely reveal itself to me until I started trying to do something similar. It takes a bit of work to make a simple task remain simple.

So please -- if any Frontier people want to join the project, come on in. I'll send you the source (actually, you can get it right now at http://members.home.net/davidbro/ZopeFish-0.0.4.tgz ), and we can trade cracks about my bad code, and then we can get to work.

dave