Re: What is BizTalk?

Author:Wade Taubken
Posted:4/28/2000; 9:16:20 AM
Topic:What is BizTalk?

I have heard great things about WebMethods but there are still parts of it that I dont understand. How is the translation handled? Reading their press it is touted as just install, and the software will normalize everything to XML...how? Is there a translator inside of webmethods or is it all done in java? If I want my trading partner to trade with me and I am sending an IDOC how is he going to be able to use the data without running it through a translator? I come from traditional EDI and have embraced XML but cant believe that Biztalk or WebMethods can possibly deliver what they are advertising without having to put a development team in place for the project. Any idea how much the partner peice costs? I have heard estimates for the "hub" company at 250,000...is that correct. Your input would be greatly appreciated.