Re: SOAP Scanner

Author:Lawrence Lee
Posted:5/1/2000; 10:43:13 PM
Topic:SOAP Scanner

I also spotted that earlier today when I did a quick search of network scanners. You attach a scanner or digital copier to the Axis and then you can use protocols like SMTP, FTP or HTTP to scan pictures.

The Axis 700 is $1,329 at CDW. The new 7000 model with more RAM, new processor, 100baseT and 10baseT support is $1,569. From the list of supported devices, you probably can get an HP printer for about $399 (Hewlett Packard ScanJet 6300Cse, not sure if the "se" model is exact match to the support models list)

One other observation, I wonder if the lack of GIF support is due to Unisys' patent?