Re: PS: Don't open email enclosures, ever.

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/5/2000; 8:41:29 AM
Topic:Virus from Manila

This latest would probably be a good case for a class action negligence lawsuit

Yeah, I've been thinking about this. So many people express displeasure with Microsoft by suing them or saying they want to destroy them. This usually doesn't work. I've been on the receiving end of such threats myself. The natural human response is to put up your dukes or run away. Fight or flight.

I prefer to invite Microsoft to become a true leader. I think we'll lose a lot if they're destroyed, who will we complain about then?

A lot of organized power there, but it's channeled in a counter-productive way (maybe not for them, but for users and developers).

I think everyone is good. I've seen the twinkle in their eye. I choose to focus on that, because I know most people like to be appreciated for the good they do.