Re: Firewalls, Hooray

Author:Dave Winer

Wes is a key guy in all the stuff we do. He used to work at UserLand, we run his code to this day, and the architecture he put in place (he called it TinkerToy) is central to everything we do.

I think we're developing an interesting system, not unprecedented of course, a network of trust. I trust Wes. I also trust Jeff Cheney, on different matters. Jeff has worked inside publishing organizations for many years, and has also worked at Quark where he served the publishing industry. On matters of integrity as it relates to technology serving editorialists, Jeff is very well educated, and like Wes, appears to have no hidden agenda, or personal issues that color his judgment. Plus there's the benefit of knowing both these guys for quite a few years, that's how trust develops. As the Supremes used to sing, You Can't Hurry Love.

I'm still waiting for Andre and Brent to comment on this thread on our Internal DG, and please don't expect an immediate turnaround, I'm leaving for Europe a week from today, and will be managing this stuff remotely through mid-June. We have to ship Frontier 6.2 sometime in that window, but if there are no holes in the idea, expect a response sometime towards the end of June.