Re: Million Mom March and the Internet

Author:Craig Jensen
Posted:5/13/2000; 1:23:32 PM
Topic:Million Mom March and the Internet

The press usually does miss the big or the real story. The press sees this story as the march, which is a kind of in-your-face, photogenic event. The fact that the web played a huge roll in enabling this to happen reflects on a deep sociocultural shift whick we all find ourselves in the midst of. It requires critical thinking and an open mind to sense this kind of shift. My opinion is that those are not traits usually in the press and pop culture.