Re: Walking around amsterdam

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:5/16/2000; 8:41:11 AM
Topic:Walking around amsterdam

I got the impression that BugZilla was using MySQL was running with *its* root account, not that MySQL was running-as-the-server-root.

From http://www.dataloss.net/papers/how.defaced.apache.org.txt

/*
 * Mysql
 */
After a long search we found out that mysql was
running as user root and was reachable locally. Because apache.org was
running bugzilla which requires a mysql account and has it
username/password plaintext in the bugzilla source it was easy to
get a username/passwd for the mysql database.

eric