Re: XML-RPC validator: a few suggestions

Author:Dan Lyke

&, obviously. I had problems with > back in January, I had an exchange with André about it at the time, and ended up allowing for it in my client code. I don't know the current status but several XML-RPC implementors for various other languages seem to have run into the same issue, see Nicholas Riley's followup to my message.

Verifying that & must be the start of an entity, with a function designed to succeed and one designed to fail, would be a good start. Maybe send a string, get back an array of integers of ASCII values, and vice-versa?