Re: Sixth sense and Aha!

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/11/2000; 8:21:08 PM
Topic:Sixth sense and Aha!

Jacob, I watched it for a second time today, and saw lots of flaws, like how did Bruce and Cole get on the bus without Bruce figuring it out. I learned more about myself watching it the second time. How deeply grooved my neural pathways are. And if it had been a book I think I would have figured it out. All the events whip by so fast, and it is a horror film, and the music is so dramatic. The second time around I can see how they manipulated me. Another interesting thing, the writer/director is only 28 years old! This gives me new respect for 28-year-olds.

BTW, when I saw Carrie I didn't even know that it had a shocker at the end and I totally fell for it. I love that feeling of being "gotten" that way.