Re: MS'sBlunder-WebTaughtUsCustomersOwn'Talk

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:6/12/2000; 12:29:33 PM
Topic:MS'sBlunder-WebTaughtUsCustomersOwn'Talk

Based on emails today I don't think that Microsoft has begun to understand that:

1. Their customers have minds.

2. They are paying attention.

They have side-swiped so many people in the past, the only way to avoid it is to use their development tools and develop for Windows and stay out of markets that they consider important. I guess I've always known that they tied, but now they've been found guilty of it in court. Even if Microsoft prevails on appeal, they've lost.

The only way to dig out of this hole is to start acting like there are other smart people in the world. Including customers and developers.