Re: Actually, site structure XML *does* work right now

Author:Brent Simmons
Posted:7/10/2000; 9:54:25 AM
Topic:Site Structure XML doesn't work?

The crucial thing is that "virtual objects" like "/a/b/c.html" need to have everything above in the path (the folders "a" and "b") defined as category. I used to think that I can just map a story to *any* path, no matter how long, but that doesn't seem to work.

That's right. It's very close to working with actual folders and files. If you want a file available at /sub1/sub2/sub3/file, you need to create folders named sub1, sub2, and sub3. Same thing here, you need to create categories.

(Note to Dave: to clear up some confusion -- Christoph's problem was in using Manila's siteStructure feature, not in the the xml SiteTree feature Matt and I have been discussing.)