Re: fallacies

Author:Keola Donaghy

"If musicians don't get paid they won't make music."

I put this line in the same category as the standard line our elected representatives use to justify giving themselves fat raises :"If we don't raise our salaries we won't get be able to get qualified people to run for office." Cow manure. I write and play music because I love it, and there are a lot of people out there that feel the same. Not all of us are after a major label deal, and probably less are now that the underworkings of the industry are getting better known.

New music will continue to be written and recorded. Hopefully when the dust has settled from the MP3.com and Napster affairs we'll simply have come to a better system with more equitable distribution of revenues.