Re: Open Source -- a world onto itself

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:7/20/2000; 12:01:50 PM
Topic:Open Source -- a world onto itself

I think where you and I are in closest alignment, if I may be so bold as to say, is in our mutual sense that, hey, there's a lot of stuff that can be done, that would be cool, that would be helpful to people, and it'd be a shame to see it fall apart out of something as petty and foolish as divisiveness over terms and licenses that are in some way (just different politically and/or economically) just as restrictive and draconian as the horrible we're-responsible-for-nothing shrink-wrap "licenses" the movement deplores. I'm not interested in Open Source as religion, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Exactly. Sign me up.