Re: Microsoft Disconnect

Author:Joshua Allen
Posted:7/21/2000; 10:35:09 AM
Topic:Microsoft Disconnect

I'm not expert on the tool or the person's response, but they do not seem to be out of line. The original person was (I think) saying that the feature will be disabled for many people, simply because they do not want to see that big dialog box every time they hit a page. It's not important if they select "yes" or "no", they will probably still disable the warning. I think the original guy is arguing that probably more people would want to vote page-by-page whether to allow cookie reads if the warning were less obtrusive. I personally think that most people prefer to always axccept or always deny third-party cookies, so it's not such a big deal. But I also think the guy is technically correct in saying that the big dialog encourages people to just make the decision once and be done with it. As for a *less* obtrusive way to do it; I would be interested in how that would be accomplished...