Re: Boycott vs. buycott

Author:Jorge Arango
Posted:7/28/2000; 11:13:32 AM
Topic:Boycott vs. buycott

Money is money, my friend.

In this case, it will be virtually impossible to differentiate the "good" profits from just regular profits. And my preocupation is that the RIAA guys frankly don't give a damn.

Of course the RIAA is going to use the increase in sales (however small it might actually be) to strenghten their case. They'd be foolish not to!

We are not sending them a good message by doing them this favor. This is still doing business on their terms, under the old rules.

I agree with earlier posts which advocated supporting commercial MP3 sites such as MP3.com rather than the plastic pushers. It would be a much stronger message, much more relevant to The Cause.