Re: It's a Marmot!

Author:David Brown
Posted:8/4/2000; 9:26:57 AM
Topic:It's a Marmot!

My wife and I were hiking around Mt. Rainier one weekend, and we were looking for the marmots. She feels connected with them somehow.

We spotted one on a ridge across the way, and we were trying to line the cameras up on it, when I looked down to check my footing.

About a foot away was this huge marmot, just staring up at me, wondering what I was doing. It was one of those moments where you want to say something to get the other persons attention -- you open your mouth, but nothing comes out. I finally got my wife's attention, and the marmot just wandered off, going to do whatever it is marmots do.

Personally, I think they're plotting world domination.

It was a wonderful little nature encounter.

dave