Day Tripper

Author:Eric Soroos

I'd bet that your Lennon/Hendrix Day Tripper song is from Jimi Hendrix Experience, Radio One. (Rykodisc #20078)

The liner notes don't come out and say that it's Lennon singing, but it really sounds that way to my ear. It's a collection of BBC vault recordings that was released in 1988.

The entire album kicks ass, especially: Killing Floor (by Howlin Wolf), Hound Dog (Yes, the Elvis song. Mitch Mitchel providing ... alternate noises), and Catfish Blues (by Muddy Waters). And there's a bunch of stuff that Hendrix wrote himself on there too.

eric