Re: How to read the Prince article

Author:Sidney Markowitz

The web page uses JavaScript to redirect you to the main news page. You can only view it by itself if you disable JavaScript before you click on the link. In IE 5 you do that in the Tools | Internet Opions menu in the Security Tab, Custom button, by disabling Active Scripting. In Netscape I think there is an option to disable JavaScript. Of course then you have to turn it on again before you go to a page that legitimately uses JavaScript.

I run AdSubtract Pro (formerly Intermute) which lets me turn stuff like that on and off with a couple of clicks without fooling around with browser settings and also blocks ads and other annoyances, customized by site. It comes in handy when I hit a web page that thinks it knows better than I do what my Web experience should be. Or when a search engine takes me to one of those porn pages that tries to make the back key pop up endless affiliate porn sites.