Re: Copy protection and music software

Author:Keola Donaghy
Posted:8/9/2000; 10:09:04 PM
Topic:Copy protection and music software

First, in my experience, from the 80s, selling Mac software, musicians *are* unapologetic pirates.

I didn't want to just say it outright, but you'll get no argument from me.

On the other hand, as a user of music, I'm glad to be in my shoes.

Ditto. And as someone contemplating rejoining the legions of music makers, I'm just as excited. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in Hawai'i the 70s and 80s were a great time for live music. Musicians gigging all over the place, big name rockers and jazzers (George Benson, Stevie Wonder, Michael MacDonald) just sitting in with bands in little hole in the wall clubs. I'm hoping all this attention is going to revive some of the interest in live music here. It' should to be a great ride.