Re: Heart Attack

Author:mike donellan
Posted:8/10/2000; 3:06:23 PM
Topic:Heart Attack

I have to share this here, as this discussion brought it up from the depths of my dark mind...

I had two roomies in college: David - a full-time dive instructor, who was around 30 at the time - and Geoff - a guy who painted our entire living rooom in bizarre hallucination-inspired *things* (walls & ceiling - even ceiling fan!) and introduced me to world of drugs.

So anyway, one day out of the blue David had a heart attack.

He lived through it, but to this day I believe it was drug related. No matter, upon learning what had happened, Geoff & I proceeded to call David's girlfriend to let her know. Well, lucky me got the dreary duty of telling her what had happened...

So I tell her, and then she asked "Are you serious?" Then I said, "Yes... serious as a heart attack." That day I felt like Vonnegut's Kilgore Trout... looking around for life, but seeing nothing but robots... and feeling like I had failed the test. What a lesson to learn!

Anway, that's it... nothing but a *stupid-but-true* life experience to hopefully crack a smile out there.