Re: Opilio

Author:John VanDyk

Specifically, my goal is to make it easy for people to create outlines that act as indexes on the HTML Web, and also as an index on itself.

This is similar to my goal for the Opilio project. Organized, hierarchical information using metadata inferred from higher up in the hierarchy.

The rub is presenting the user with a simple interface with the correct focus on where the user is in the hierarchy.

I prefer client-server to peer-to-peer in an academic setting, since lots of bandwidth is available here.