Re: good journalism

Author:Dave Winer

Exactly. Coming back from Davos, where there were tons of totally interesting debates between very powerful people, except for the people of my industry, I had this debate with Roger Black on the keynote stage at Seybold in Boston.

Black, who I like and respect for his design work, was saying that production values are paramount, and I disagreed strongly. I had just beat every fucking press outlet at Davos with my stories and pictures of the riots, and my production values were just average, if that, but the thing that excites me about the Web is that it can deliver perspectives that otherwise get washed out in the name of production values.

I totally give you my opinion. If I tried to get you the absolute truth on every story, the headline would always read "A Chihuahua Doesn't Get It." That would be boring.