Whose voice would do?

Author:Dave Winer

I have no idea who could do that. I thought perhaps it would be one of the leaders of open source. The only one I can think of is Brian, he's a good guy, but he's been here before and gave me a dose of their hype, I don't think he really heard what I was saying.

This came up in my talk with Paul Everitt today. I said it's time for balance. We've acknowledged open source. Now let's get them to acknowledge that there are hard-working commercial developers who aren't ripping people off or filing insidious patents, or monopolizing anything. He agreed. Unfortunately he's not one of the household names of open source. Tim O'Reilly could take the hex off, if he made it his business to do so, but I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

So whose voice would do? I have no credibility here. I'm offended of course, because I'm one of those greedy commercial developers. Ralph Nader? No one listens to him. I think it's a pretty hopeless cause, but maybe that's just the mood I'm in.

Off to get a haircut!