Re: My Rant.

Author:David Brown

My fear is that if you keep repeating the same story, people will start to tune it out. The danger is that people start associating the message with the source, and if the message is always the same, it's going to get tuned out.

I believe I do understand what you are trying to say. I think my Rant illustrates that.

I also believe that the more important message to get out there is that it is NOT evil to develop software for money. I get so tired of people attacking the person rather than the message. Every time you say something like "Richard Stallman doesn't want you to earn money," you're focusing on the person, rather than the message.

We don't get people to believe us by shouting "Richard Stallman is Full of Shit" louder than they can shout "Commercial Software is Evil".

We get people to believe us by being reasonable people. By presenting ourselves in a way that doesn't sound shreaky.

dave