Re: Extremism is easier than moderation

Author:Ken MacLeod

Brett, this would be easier to follow if you created a FAQ and referred to your points by number. In this manner, we'd know if we've rebutted the point or not.

There are techniques to raise the signal to noise ratio even higher. One of my favorites is a group brainstorming technique where you take each point and connect it to supporting, counter and neutral points, facts, and references.

I've prototyped some supporting tools in this direction. I'd be glad to collaborate on a nice little tool (BSD license would be fine ;-).