Re: The Lie of "IP"

Author:Jim Stegman
Posted:8/31/2000; 1:13:16 PM
Topic:The Lie of "IP"

I'd be careful about making the exact same kind of absolutist statements

Zzzzing! You got me.

Thanks Paul, for bringing me back to earth! ;-)

I admit that I haven't checked out any of the games in the open source community. I'm sure the engines you have cited are as good or better than the commercial ones.

But there is alot more to a game than just the code. I just can't imagine how the open source community could create a game with the depth, consistancy, and playability of Diablo. Maybe I don't have a very good imagination.

I'd love to be proven wrong!