Re: The Lie of "IP"

Author:Brian Makuch
Posted:9/1/2000; 8:12:37 AM
Topic:The Lie of "IP"

Because the zealots don't have a clue about the hard work needed to please users.

Too bad it isn't just zealots. When Compuserve was planning their WOW service to compete with AOL (anyone remember that fiasko?), there was not alot of respect for the end user the service was designed for. While the codename for the project was Shamu, it's common name was 'Compuserve for Dummies'. It's not the reason it failed, but watching from the minimum safe distance of another company, I feel it played a larger part that most realize. Sometimes I get the same vibe from people in the linux community when they prepend an 'l' to every reference to users.