Re: Methods of Compensation for Ethereal Creations

Author:William Crim
Posted:9/1/2000; 9:20:29 AM
Topic:The Lie of "IP"

No, IP laws are about treating ideas as property, so they can be bought and sold in a market AFTER their creation, as incentive to create them.

#3 is talking about simple services. I provide a programming service to my employer for a fee. This has nothing to do with IP laws. Even without IP laws, I would still be hired as a programmer for the service of creating solutions through programming.

Copyright artificially treats ideas as property so they can be bought or sold after their creation. If I pay you to write code for me, that is a service. If I pay you to use code you have already written, that is where copyright comes in, that is also where copyright enforcement falls apart in a networked world.