Re: Amazon's Cluelessness

Author:Sidney Markowitz
Posted:9/4/2000; 12:45:05 PM
Topic:Amazon's Cluelessness

I received the email from Amazon and read the policy.

Dave, could you explain what your problem is with it? They say that if they sell off a business or if they get bought out completely, customer information will go with the business along with the other assets.

What else can they say? How can you sell a business without including the customer records?

Did you read it as saying that they might sell customer information under other circumstances? Or do you want a statement from them that they will never sell a portion of their business to anyone who does not have a privacy policy as strong as their own (a sort of GPL for customer information)?

Or did I miss a sentence somewhere in all the fine print of the policy?

-- sidney