Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Ken MacLeod

First off, I agree that the RSS 1.0 proposal authors have created a spec that is more complex to understand than is necessary. This has nothing to do with either RDF or XML Namespaces, but with the intended audience of that spec. I know you could write an easier to understand doc that included the RDF and XML Namespace info.

To Lynn: To extend RSS 1.0 to do what you want, put an xmlns:siprelle="http://siprelle.com/" attribute in the top-level rdf:RDF element, and prefix any element names you add with siprelle:. If you need more info on using that from tools, post to either the syndication or rss-dev mailing lists. Please post again, because the original followups were responses to your reaction to the spec and not answers to your needs.

To Daryl (and others): If there's a doc that puts all the core elements in one document, and two variations of that doc, one that doesn't use ':'s and one that does, and groups related elements with the same prefix, how will users react to the prefixes? I'd love to see some user testing here.

Referring to where my code is, one will use my code like this, and it will be available in a few weeks. It's later in the pipeline of some other stuff I'm doing.

The only thing I'll say about your personal remarks about me is that you don't know me that well and you're way off the mark. Since it seems that you're still editing, I'll return later and reread. As it is now, I'm headed out for the evening.