Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Dave Winer

P.S. The red warning lights really start flashing when I see people arguing against another's POV "because you were rude and hurt my feelings."

You know it's getting worse not better. First Tim doesn't want me to talk about O'Reilly, unless I talk about O'Reilly the way he wants me to talk about O'Reilly, and now he doesn't even want me to post my thoughts on my own DG, citing "politeness" as the norm on the Interent. Hey the FUD started over there, not here. I was working on Radio UserLand, minding my own business, and all of a sudden, out of a private mail list comes "RSS 1.0" followed by a wave of breathless articles on oreillynet.com heralding it as a great purpose for RDF, with "syntactic sugar" and it's "proposed" but when you read the ads it's not so proposed.

Tim O'Reilly is not god. He's not even Bill Gates. And in all my dealings with Bill Gates over many years, he never told me what to say or how to say it. If I told my DaveNet readers that Tim is trying to tell me what to say they'd probably say "Tim Who??"