Re: Want to tell the list?

Author:Dave Winer

And how does a majority get convened? Did the people with channels have any say in this? Of course. Were they consulted? No.

And did UserLand have any say in it? The O'Reilly folks clearly didn't think so. What about Netscape? Did any of them make any effort to get in touch with them?

Really sloppy bullshit. I've been told over and over that there was a consensus. I couldn't believe they would leave us out, esp when we were working with them. But the users, what excuse do they offer for that?

And btw, your given is not such a given. I'm tired of arguing about this with you. I think enough has been exposed now that the next thing to do is change the name of the RDF+Namespaces proposal, let people comment on the small-step evolution of RSS, and put this nasty bit of business behind us.