I want it all.

Author:David Valentine
Posted:9/8/2000; 2:56:43 PM
Topic:Denial isn't just a river in Egypt

I really want it all, CD's, streaming and digital files.

Sometimes I just want to listen to my music, which means CD's.

Sometimes I want to listen to stuff from artists I like that might not be on CD [usually, live performances], so I want to fetch digital files.

I really like the ability to listen to someone elses tunes. It's like going over to someone elses house, but over the internet, you can do it during work ;)

Sometimes I want radio. I want to hear some new stufff, and some old stuff that I never bought. A streaming service, like (echo), does this great. (Jazz and bluegrass in the morning)

But I really want it all. I want an app that will handle all of the above (cd's,digital,sharing,custom streaming radio) with ease.

I'd like levels of random play: A CD, digital music collection, mix of both, and mix with random tracks from a streaming service.

If I put in a CD and I'm playing random music, I'd like the mix in some tracks from the cd.

Then I'd like personal radio, which would know my music prefernces, and would mix in the on disk collection with the streaming collection.

And they really are in denil if the think that anyone knowledgable is not going to capture a digitial file, from a streaming file. The best that they can hope for is that if you do capture a stream, and some fingerprint will prevent it from being played on some digital player. But then all one has to do is to reencode it at a different rate, and I bet the finger print will be destroyed.