Re: Control of distribution

Author:Aaron Swartz
Posted:9/11/2000; 5:37:35 PM
Topic:Discuss by email?

Ken and Aaron are doing something else. They are not my friends. If they were, I'd be singing their praises and thanking them for adding value to my community. BTW, when I take a holiday this DG really empties out. That should give you a clue about what's going on here.

Dave, I'm so sorry if that you feel this way. Please don't count me out just because you don't like my position on RSS. A few weeks ago you were showering me with compliments -- why the sudden change? I love the work that you're doing with Radio UserLand, XML-RPC and Manila -- I think it's really cool and I'd love to work together on it with you.

I don't have any negative feelings against you personally, and I apologize for my misunderstandings about your position on RSS. As you've mentioned, I'm young, and learning. I'm very sorry.

I don't want to dominate the conversation, and I don't want to come and take over your DG. All I want to do is read it, I won't even reply to it if you don't want me to. I think there's a lot of interesting discussion going on here, and I'd like to follow it.

This isn't a power struggle. I'm just a small kid, who wants to learn, and I'd love to learn from all the great information pouring out here. Since I'm at school most of the day, and not online, I can't read it over the Web, so email is a very convienent medium for me. Otherwise, I'd just read it through the Web interface, like anyone else.

I'm very sorry for the misunderstandings that have happened before, and I'd like to put the past behind me. Why should me as a person taint my software? I hope that you can see that this is a useful service, despite who may have created it, and that you'll allow it to continue.

But, if you won't, that's your choice, and I will respect that decision.

Thanks,

Aaron