Re: Anti-Microsoft sentiment

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:9/15/2000; 2:11:27 PM
Topic:Debunking the OSS Bazaar?

It's funny Microsoft people nowadays *do* have a sense of humor about their company, and in a way, in a very Microsoft way, I think they've always thought their company was funny.

Now they're deep in a few niches and the main playground, which has various names, mostly P2P, is wide open. It's such a big hole. I'm going to post another message in a moment to talk about the hole.

I think anti-Microsoft sentiment is as much a cul-de-sac as Microsoft is. This might explain why I thought it was so important to find out what open source is and isn't. I think at the core of open source is the spirit to make P2P realllly work. But to do that we have to get over this idea that we're all that different. As long as all the attention is focused on Microsoft, we can't even see each other.

Now I know you see me and I see you, but there are so many others who aren't in the loop.

In case you're wondering the loop is still "SOAP" and "XML-RPC" and XML.