Re: A Slam at AppleScript

Author:Dennis Peterson
Posted:9/19/2000; 7:59:08 AM
Topic:A Slam at AppleScript

I'd be interested if anyone has a concise description of what makes AppleEvents better than Microsoft's scripting capabilities. I've written some Applescript (to automate a publication done in Pagemaker) and I've done some VBA scripting of Word, but not really enough of either to have much of a clue. Have to agree that Applescript was a nightmare of a language, though.

I think the Gnome people are coming up with some cool stuff in this realm, but don't know much about that either.