Re: got IP game?

Author:Ravi Nanavati
Posted:9/22/2000; 12:02:24 AM
Topic:got IP game?

Take a look at at these online working papers. I think the first one is fairly compelling (but I'm biased having come to the paper already thinking software patents are bad). It presents an economic model that suggests why software patents might hurt innovation and attempts to test that model by looking at R&D spending on software before and after software patents were introduced.