Where we're at with DocServer

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/5/1998; 5:10:08 AM
Topic:Where we're at with DocServer

This message was in response to James Spahr, james@designframe.com, reporting an error on one of the pages in the DocServer website.

James, right you are.

This gives me a chance to explain where we're at with DocServer.

I want to make it our second "channel" after the Update Frontier command in the Main menu. Lots of people asked for it. It's absolutely the right thing to do. With this capability you'll be easily keep a local version of the DocServer database, in outline form, in synch with the one on our server.

One of the first steps along this path was taken yesterday. I converted the DocServer website to being a dynamic site, running live, behind Frontier, on nirvana.userland.com, our new server.

However, until we switch over, this is the copy of DocServer that will be maintained. It's a step in the right direction, and a bit of dislocation, because the DocServer site on www.scripting.com won't get in synch until we're serving entirely from nirvana.

Anyway, to make a long story short, the updated version of the docs for table.uniqueName is at:

http://nirvana.userland.com/docserver.root/table/uniqueName

Dave