Discussion Group Changes

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:10/6/1998; 12:23:25 PM
Topic:Where we're at with DocServer

URL automatation is on.

http://www.scripting.com/

When you skip a line, we add a

tag.

You can actually see error messages now and they look good!

Improved the look of the message list page, and it should be a lot faster now. (We cache the HTML text for each message.)

http://nirvana.userland.com/discussiongroup.root/default

We check email addresses and complain if they don't contain an @ or if the domain name doesn't contain a dot.

Also am using real HTTP-based redirects for the mail loop and after you post a new message, so no funky stuff when you do a Reload.

I've been doing more research on the cookies problem, no changes yet.

Also, to the people who are asking for the code, please be patient, it's going to be released, for sure, sooooon.

Dave