Re: (read-the-docs) New Message Experience

Author:james.imac@designframe.com
Posted:10/6/1998; 2:11:20 PM
Topic:Where we're at with DocServer

>The page is titled Check Your Mail. In the text >of the page it says something like, "now check >your mail". >It's a read-the-docs thing. How could we make it >more clear? Dave

the problem is the type is nearly the same length as the type on the previous page. People will assume they have already read it. Its a design-thing. Visual people use these clues to decide what to read. Verbal people are different, they notice the text is different, and they read it.

Also the 'First Disscussion Group' is dominate over `check your mail'. Visual people will never read it.

Sorry, just saw it as an obvious design-thing. Didn't mean to rant, or make refrence to yesterday (which i just realize someone might assume)

Yea, I have a BS in Design & Art History.

James.