Re: System-level XML

Author:wilcox@ptd.net
Posted:11/18/1998; 4:54:50 PM
Topic:First message

I think that Wes is right. Apple appears, at this point, to have no idea about XML. If growth in this area is to come from ANYWHERE, it's not going to be from Apple. That leaves the independent developers.

To get this integrated with Applescript - that may be the most obvious way. Write an OSAX (AppleScript Addition) that will parse this XML.

Or, better yet, write a component - it's like a shared library. Let other applications call this component, and base the OSAX on it.

I was thinking about using Frontier, instead of writing our own, but Dave's right - this should be a system level utility. Get XML into the MAC world, and see what what happens!

Saying that much, is there anyone who would like to form a group to work on this? The only way to get this thing DONE is to take initiative NOW.

Here's a question for those of you "in the know" - is there any sort of system level XML parser for WINDOWS?